Wednesday, 13 January 2016

Hello, World!

Well, holy, holy, holy cow.  Where does the time go?  I started this blog back in 2011 and fast abandoned it when my interest in home decor unexpectedly waned.  I'd always been a fan of home decor...what happened?  I'm not sure really but my guess is that I simply hadn't found the motivation.  We had just moved in.  I was slowly becoming familiar with the house.  I hadn't formed my opinions enough to truly decide where I'd like to go in terms of turning our house into a home. 

I'd like to change that.  I'd like to start over.

Furthermore...

I've loved to write since my childhood years.  I attended a young author's convention (haha!) as a fifth grader, the kind where you bounce between exhibits, meeting and greeting with authors for book signings.  I decided then and there I would one day become a writer.  Then I became an adult and realized it is no easy feat, rather one that could potentially become a lifetime of struggles in audience building and publication.  I decided to abandon that dream (oh, such a quitter!) and take the easy way out by going to nursing school.  Still, my brain is forever ablaze with a mess of randomness.  Poetic musings and short story plots.  I now channel my thoughts toward journaling instead, oddly enough using Facebook statuses to do so, perhaps boring the heck out of my friends but it is an excellent way to document one's everyday life.  What's more, writing is most certainly a fantastic way to organize one's thoughts, and so I believe it is in my best interest to turn this blog into an effort to explore myself holistically, not just home decor, which I feel would get monotonous for me quite quickly.

That may be why I kicked this blog to the curb so early in the game.

Blah, blah, blah!

Perhaps a lifestyle update is in order.  I'm still employed as a registered nurse, working in orthopaedic surgery.  Still happily married.  My daughters are now 12 (Halle) and 10 (Sydney).  We've developed an interest in travel and have visited a few countries.  I have an unhealthy addiction to Instagram.  I swear, it's like Christmas morning...hitting refresh is one hundred presents beneath tree, the anticipation of surprise skyrocketing.  I spend an embarrassing amount of time click, click, clicking.  

It makes sense for this blog to include, in addition to home decor, sections such as experiences with my children, travel, recipes, photographs I've taken (another passion, clearly not on a professional level but a fun hobby) and perhaps even go so far as to revisit my interest in creative writing.

I love to talk.  What a shocker!  Certainly isn't obvious!  Haha.  And so please engage with me.  It would make me super happy.

This blog entry is doing an incredibly annoying thing of not allowing me to scroll upwards to reread my entry while editing.  As a result, excuse typos.  My iPad finds autocorrects hilarious.  I suppose I could compose via e-mail and copy and paste but that would get old fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment